Apply for this Job
Senior Design Researcher
Research & Insights
Round Feather is looking for a Senior Product Designer, passionate about solving complex problems and building creative, elegant solutions that positively impact the lives of users.
In this role, you'll be able to impart your passion for design to a team of Interaction, Visual, and Motion designers as well as collaborate closely with Researchers, Engineers and Leadership across the globe to implement a wide variety of beautiful and functional products — from concept to execution.
As Senior Product designer, you will be:
- Working closely with cross-functional teams of managers, designers and engineers to continue delivering industry-leading products.
- Helping shepherd ideas from conception to release, advocating for clean and understandable solutions with a clear vision of the future of user experience and the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
- Creating flows, wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, and design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Collaborating with a team of designers in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, providing thought leadership and steering the team during times of uncertainty, ensuring excelling quality of execution across projects.
- Maintain visual and brand consistency by relying on our set of established design and visual patterns, expanding and further building our library when necessary to resolve complex flows in unique and innovative ways.
- Assessing and optimizing the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytical data.
- Presenting design work to teams and managers for review and feedback
- Refining the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for existing features and functionalities.
- Advocating for a Design culture and thinking internally and sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues.
What we're looking for
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies including Product, Interaction Design, Visual design, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in Product Design delivering mobile solutions for iOS and Android.
- A compelling portfolio demonstrating your problem solving ability and experience creating north-star design concepts, as well as showcasing work that drives results.
- Proven track record of self-direction and follow-through in a fast-paced environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency.
- Fluency in contemporary design tools, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, prototyping tools - bonus for animation in After Effects and Lottie.
- A proactive collaborator and communicator, experienced in working within a cross-functional team.
- Experience presenting user experience goals and advocating for design choices with senior leadership.
- Flexibility and productivity in the face of ambiguity and change during a project.
- Strong work ethic and a proven track record of self-direction and follow-through.
About Round Feather
Round Feather Inc., a design and innovation consultancy that believes in understanding and addressing people's happiness as a starting point for innovation. Holistic consumer empathy lies at the core of our proprietary Design for Happiness approach which provides a platform for disruptive and business-driven design solutions.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality. In other words, we only care that you are an individual with the creativity to discover, the accountability to deliver, and the courage to drive change while reaching your full potential in the process.